, , , , , ,

 photo DSC_5423.jpg

The weekend right after Kenji left, I went hiking on Gunma’s Mt. Myogi with a new group of friends. The trip was organized by my friend Daniel, but I didn’t know anyone else going. However by the end of the hike, we were all fast friends and promising to go on many more hikes together in the future! It was such a wonderful day, and just a really great group of people!

We started off gathering at a local train station to get all the people who came by train into the cars of the three drivers, me included. Scott also came, and brought Naomi and Ibuki, but they didn’t plan to go very far, just up to the first arch. We parked nearest our trail entrance, then after spending some time getting stuff together and using the restroom, started up the path.

 photo IMG_1232.jpg
Getting ready to conquer

 photo DSC_5385.jpg
Our plan was to take the intermediate level blue line in the middle, which is a good trail because it has optional chain areas to heights for the more adventurous, but also easier parts for the less-experienced.

 photo DSC_5386.jpg
Naomi and Ibuki on the way up

 photo DSC_5391.jpg
Our first arch

 photo DSC_5413.jpg  photo DSC_5414.jpg
Stopping for lunch about 2 hours in

 photo DSC_5418.jpg  photo DSC_5419.jpg  photo DSC_5420.jpg
Group pictures! The one in the middle was everyone’s favorite

 photo DSC_5422.jpg  photo DSC_5425.jpg  photo IMG_1239.jpg
Making new friends on the trail!

 photo DSC_5424.jpg  photo DSC_5468.jpg  photo DSC_5480.jpg
And some nice views… that’s Daniel in the second picture, looking like he’s King of the Mountain!

 photo DSC_5440.jpg  photo DSC_5462.jpg  photo DSC_5512.jpg
Chains, stairs, and challenges

 photo DSC_5511.jpg  photo DSC_5532.jpg
Some flowers here and there on the trail

 photo IMG_1236.jpg
Panorama on the trail

 photo DSC_5537.jpg  photo DSC_5545.jpg
A few people had to leave early, so I went with them to drive

 photo DSC_5551.jpg  photo DSC_5552.jpg
My legs were SERIOUSLY happy when we finally hit the shrine on the other end of the mountain… it was a long 5 hour hike!!

 photo DSC_5559.jpg
But we weren’t done… there were still stairs!

 photo DSC_5562.jpg  photo DSC_5569.jpg
Some cherries were still blooming, so I got some nice pictures

 photo DSC_5572.jpg  photo DSC_5582.jpg
Yay flowers!

 photo DSC_5588.jpg  photo DSC_5596.jpg  photo DSC_5600.jpg  photo IMG_1247.jpg
More flowers around our onsen

 photo IMG_1244.jpg
Some cherry blossom ice cream while I waited for everyone to finish

After we’d washed off in the onsen, Daniel drove back with me to drop off my car, while everyone else rode the train into Takasaki to get some dinner. Daniel and I joined them, and enjoyed a great night before everyone headed back home by train!

It was a great hike, but I was SO SORE for the next few days! Definitely got quite the workout!